S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting to lower my 92 sonoma single cab. I was looking at lowering kits and found one that is the blocks and coil springs for 129. Then I found one with leaf spring, shocks and coils. What all do I need to get to drop it? also how low should I go? it sits at stock height now, I want it low but not so low im gonna bottom out on a speed bump.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i went with a 3/4 drop an ddidnt bottom out, but that wasnt low enuff for me so i went 5/7 drop it didnt bottom out that often but i c-notch the frame an its all good now. as far as how low to go it depends on where u live road condition weather condition ect. i got all my stuff from belltech and it rides and drives great , just dont cut corners or youll end up with something youre not happy with

42,008 Posts
3/4 is probably your best bet. you can do it with 3'' coils in the front and 4'' blocks in the rear and you'll need shocks for the front too.
personally i would do spindles in the front with a 1'' coil and 3'' leafs in the back with a 1'' block and shocks all the way around, it's more money but it'll ride better and the front steering/suspension geometry will be a lot better with that set up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We live in the middle of nowhere so the roads are pretty crappy. I was thinking 3/5 or 4/6 with new shocks, coils, spindle, leaf springs, and blocks. Can I just use a measuring tape and measure from the bottom of the truck to tell how low it will be

42,008 Posts
yeah, it won't be 100% accurate but it'll give you an idea. when my truck was 4/6 it sat lower in the back than the front though...not a good look.

this is 4/4

this is 4/6

this is 5/6

and this is 4/3

don't mean to whore you're thread but i figured it would give you an idea of what each drop looks like.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, it won't be 100% accurate but it'll give you an idea. when my truck was 4/6 it sat lower in the back than the front though...not a good look..

if i go 4/6 am I going to have to cut the bed or fenders, and mine shouldnt sit lower in the back there is exactly a 2in diffrence between front and back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts