S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newby here. I bought a 2001 S-10 Quad Cab, which only comes as a 4x4. The tail sits higher than I would like, and the front is up there pretty good too. I'd like to get it setting level, an inch or two lower than it is now. I don't do serious off-roading, so clearance is not a problem, but don't want it in the weeds. Can I lower a 4x4? What's the easiet way to bring it down a couple of inches? Is the rear (unloaded) usually level with the front if you lower it 1" more than the front is lowered? Thanks for your help. John P.

·
14,970 Posts
in the front you can crank down the torsion bars and in the back you can use blocks.
thie should drop you about 2"

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am considering the same thing but don't know what size blocks to make the back level with the front. I figure I will just have to lower the front by turning the torsion bars then measure how much I need to go in the rear. I would like to save money so I don't want to buy the $400 belltech 4x4 kit but if anyone has used it and recomends it then maybe I will consider it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I had a friend who had a 95 Tahoe 4x4 and he bought that belltech drop kit on his and dropped it 5-6 and it looked badassss.... I would definately recommend the belltech kit. They give you new torsion bars and I believe drop leafs...Go for it and get the Belltech kit.

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
Yea, my drop cost me $800 and thats on a 4x2! but at least I know I did it right! Spend the money and get the kit and you wont be disapointed!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Jon, I just have one question for you. If so many people get your truck confused with an xtreme that why don't you just take off the front valence and buy like the Xenon one so you have a custom truck and not an immitation Xtreme because that is what people seem to think it is. I haven't seen it yet but with the drop I am sure it looks amazing now plus I think the Xenon Front Valence is alot nicer than the Xtreme one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts