S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! Lowering a 1st gen Blazer

I just got an 86 Blazer and was wondering if anyone knew how much i can lower this thing without airbags(im on a really tight buget) i plan on c-notching it but dont know how far i can drop it. I would like to go 5/6 but am not sure if i can. Any thoughts on this?

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
Yup, you can go 5/6...it'll be a bumpy ride out back unless you whack the bumpstops. Go with 3" springs and 2" spindles up front, and 4" blocks and a pulled leaf out back if your really on a budget, or 3" blocks and 3" leafs if your willing to shell out a couple extra bucks. Oh, and blazers are kind of a ***** to notch out back cause of the way the frame kinda doglegs right over the axle.

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how bout going 6/6 or 6/7? is that impossible? how would you suggest doing it?

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
the only way to do that would be to cut a set of springs for the front...not ususally the best idea. The ride will be terrible, and you'll never get the front aligned properly. For the back, you could go with 4" blocks and 3" springs. The axle will be riding on the frame, though. You'd hafta notch it. I've only got 4" of drop i the back of mine, and my rear end bottoms out all the time. 'Course, I've still got my bumpstops in...getting rid of them will help. I wouldn't go more than a 5/6 static drop. Just roll with that until you get bags. It'll be plenty.

·
I'm Lost
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for all the help man, its greatly apreciated. i hope to have some pics up of it dropped in a month or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts