S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BlackSDime
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have 55 bucks and want to lower my tuck 4 in back and 3 in front were can i get the cheapest lowering blocks at and i think im going to cut 1.5 coils off the front help me out

also do you think 3 and 4 is low i want it low but not so low i have problems where do you start having problems

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
wheel well rubbing problems depend on how big your wheels and tires are. with a 3/4 you will be fine with stock tires. a 3/4 drop will definitely give the truck a nicer look and more performance oriented stance. i would suggest you save up the cash to do the drop right with spindles, coils, and blocks but cutting coils will work too. if you cut the coils and it still isn't low enough, then buy belltech spindles for like $150 and that will give another 2 inches and help out with handling. just my .02. you can pm me if you have any questions about install or anything.

John

·
Do what now?
747 Posts
jhorton said:
wheel well rubbing problems depend on how big your wheels and tires are. with a 3/4 you will be fine with stock tires. a 3/4 drop will definitely give the truck a nicer look and more performance oriented stance. i would suggest you save up the cash to do the drop right with spindles, coils, and blocks but cutting coils will work too. if you cut the coils and it still isn't low enough, then buy belltech spindles for like $150 and that will give another 2 inches and help out with handling. just my .02. you can pm me if you have any questions about install or anything.

John
:stupid:

yah save a little money and get all the right parts. Plus, if you buy lowering components instead of cutting the coils the ride will be a lot better. Plus after you lower the truck in the back you will need some new shocks, your stock shocks won't work well with lowering it that much (in the rear). Someone correct me, but I would think you would need lowered shocks in the front as well if you intend to just cut the coils.

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
I LOWERD MINE BY CUTTING SPRING,S AND 4 INCH BLOCK,S AND I HAVE 255/35/20 ALL AROUND. IT DOES NOT RUB UNLESS THE WHEEL IS TURNED ALL THE WAY .

·
24HR Reflector Collector
316 Posts
i have a 2/3 looks pretty good, but i wish i went with a 3/4 , a 2/3 takes out most of the gap between the wheels and the fender. but a 3/4 would be perfect for a daily driver. anything after that your gonna start havin problems. my wheels only rub when i cut the wheel all the way so i just dont turn my steering wheel all the way

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
ok since money is an issue

You need a 4 inch angled block for the rear
cut like you said 1.5 coil front the front

cut about a half inch off ur front bump stops and cut off your rear bump stop brackets

this is not the best way and ur ride will be kinda hard but its what ya can afford.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,243 Posts
supr2nr said:
:stupid:

Plus after you lower the truck in the back you will need some new shocks, your stock shocks won't work well with lowering it that much (in the rear).

Shock position does not change if using blocks in the rear...stock shocks will work fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts