S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2/4 drop, which is best? 3" leaves with 1" block or just do the 4" pinion block? Either way ride better? Not talking cost, just ride. I had heard you lose hauling capacity with the leaves, but I don't really haul anything much anyway.

What is your opinon?

·
SuperFly
261 Posts
3 inch spring and 1 inch block. the ride on teh springs is better imo. also, you might wanna consider a different set of shocks for that drop.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
The leafs look better, and are probably better perfoming than stock leafs with 4" blocks.

Although they are more expensive, they are worth it.

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
grndscrpr03 said:
I would go with the 3" leaves and 1" block for sure. Putting 4" blocks on stock leaves rides like a logwagon. You'll have back problems after riding in it for too long. The leaf springs gives an almost factory ride.

Thanks for the tip. :bowtie:

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Anybody in their right mind and can could afford it *SHOULD* pick leafs and a 1" block over 4" drop blocks.

They may be more, but are well worth it.

Nate

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
How does a block alter the ride quality? The spring rate doesn't change - is it related to the shock travel?

·
HUHH
751 Posts
i tryed leafs, they road like ass it was hella bumpy an kept bottomin out. bought 4" angled blocks an rides 100x better. i figured maybe just because my truck but. my firend also same think when he bought leafs

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Blocks will lower raise the axle up closer to the frame, so it will hit it hard if the bumpstops aren't removed, which many people don't do. I had a fine ride with 3" coils and 3" blocks on my '94 after I removed the bumpstop brackets. But I wouldn't run 4" block..just don't like the idea of that tall of a block holding me up.

Nate

·
FATDADDY
98 Posts
audiodog with the 3" coils in the front did you change the shocks? i have a 96 straight cab and was going to do 3" coils and 3" blocks what kind of ride is it and do i need new shocks??thanks

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Technically, yeah you're supposed to go with drop shocks. I never had shocks installed cuz I didn't have the cash at the time and then sold it a few weeks later anyways.

But my ride was perfectly fine and it handled like a sports car going around corners. But that was with X rims and 50series tires.

Nate

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But the leafs do not affect the pinon angle do they? Will I have to use shims if I run just the leaves?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts