S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 zq8. i already lowered it 2/3 w/spindles and blocks. i want it lower. not ready to bag it yet. what does anyone think about cuttin a small part off of front coil and pullin a leaf? i'd like it to stay even frt and rear. how much would need ot be cut off coil to math pullin a leaf? is this possible? thx for replies

·
Registered
134 Posts
From my experiance taking a leaf out is ok. If u get to a point where u have 1 or 2 leafs and u have a 3 inch block u will probaly bottom out on ur frame. Meaning that your leaf springs will be weaker with less leafs and the frame will hit the axle. You will still have a factory bumpstop but this will make the ride somewhat unpleasent. Also....under no circumstance would i ever cut springs. It is almost impossible to get the even(contrary to popular belief).Just go to AIM industry and buy some cheap 1 or 2 inch drop springs.

www.trucknstore.com

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
i think i heard AIM/Chassis Tech and some other company are all teh same and suck cock

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
don't go AIM...... go Belltech.... if you plan on bagging soon then just get any set of springs. but if you don't plan on baggin it..... get the belltech for better ride quality and you wont have to worry about them fuking you over.! :thumbup:

but... is the x your daily driver? i dont see how i could go any lower then 2" up front...... i hit on everything, every driveway and speedbump... :confused: in the rear you can maybe get another 2" before having to worry about hitting....

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
what did you use to do a 3/4 drop?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts