S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pimp in training! I wish!
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some running around today I looked at my gauge and it was between 20 and 25psi at idel and 40 to 45psi at speed. It is lower than I remember it. I was running 10w-30 and now have 5w-30 like the sticker says. I dont know what is thicker. The thing that worrys me the most is that at a stop the needle stands still for a while and sometimes jumps around a little (a few psi). It also does it a little as it is dropping. I tried to search on s10forum and online and did not find anything that was of anything that helped me so anything you got will be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but did you check your oil level? My buddy has a '90 4.3 blazer that burns oil really bad, about 1 qt. a week. When his oil level gets to low which of course is A LOT, the oil pressure guage starts jumpin' around a little. The lower it gets the more the gauge jumps. just a thought.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
My truck did that once. I donot know what oil filter you are usomg, but I changed the oil filter and put in new oil 10-40 and it has been great everysince. I now have 132,000 and it did this around 75,000

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oil level is good and I use mobil 1 oil. I use to use k&n filters but the store that I went to was out so I went with a mobil 1 filter I have hurd of simular problems but it was with shitty filters like fram. I just changed the oil 2 weeks ago.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
I only use a pf52 delco filters. And valvoline 10-40 dura blend oil. Try changing the filter and see what happens.

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the filter to a k&n and went with 10-30 it got better (30 to 50psi) but it still bounces a little bit at idel

·
loco hombre
3,461 Posts
I changed the filter to a k&n and went with 10-30 it got better (30 to 50psi) but it still bounces a little bit at idel
I'm pretty sure mine bounces a little bit at idle also. A bit of it is probably associated with the fact that these motors are inherent shakers.

·
Noob
6 Posts
My buddy has a '90 4.3 blazer that burns oil really bad, about 1 qt. a week.
Sheesh...I WISH mine only burned a quart a week. I go through close to a gallon of 20W50 a week right now. trying to get the $$ together for a rebuild before this leaves me stranded somewhere with major damage to the block or worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts