S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 S-10 Blazer 4X4 with the 2.8L V-6 (183K) located in the Denver area - where it's been extremely cold for the past week. The engine does not warm up to its normal operating temperature (around 205 degrees for the past 14 years), and so I figured the thermostat may be stuck open. I removed (it was closed) and tested in hot water (opened at around the boiling point, which at this altitude is maybe 200 degrees). I replaced it in the engine, knowing it was closed, and next time I started up and drove around, the engine still didn't get above about 160 degrees.

The 'stat is basically new- replaced last summer when I had the coolant professionally flushed & refilled.

Assuming the thermostat is good, what else might cause such a low operating temperature indication? Air from the heater/defroster is somewhat warm, and the outside temp has been between 10-25 degrees above zero.

Any help or ideas is appreciated..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.