S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres my problem: First of all my truck smells like theres a puddle of gasoline under it, but theres not. Dont know why or where its coming from. Its been giving me trouble starting up. Heres the big problem: It pulls to 12 mph fine, but then it seems like theres a blockage somewhere (maybe a carbon buildup?) because it takes forever to get to 30mph, then it starts picking up faster and at 50+ it runs fine. Also the hood is shaking like someone scared it.
I thought it was a clogged cat so I took it off but it was fine. I left it off though just so that its nice and loud.
So now Im thinking its either I need new spark plugs, new fuel filter, motor mounts... I cant think of anything else.
Its a new engine with 10000 miles about, new transmission torque converter and rear end each with about 1000 on them.
Any ideas on what the problem is?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
maybe O2 sensors. how many times have you changed the oil on the new engine?

·
12,507 Posts
did you change the oil 500 miles after the engine was installed? it wont have anything to do with the lost low end power, but the metal shaving and stuff accumulate in the oil and it needs to be drained. have you checked the EGR?

·
12,507 Posts
when i got my Jasper they recommended it, just thought id let you know in case you didnt know. it might be the EGR clogged up, but it could be other things. you might also go to autozone and have the codes checked, because none showing (SES light) doesnt mean there arent codes stored in the computer.

·
Banned
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I fixed it, I threw in Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner, changed the spark plugs to AC Delco Rapid Fires, and changed the wires to MSD 8mm's. One of the old wires was disconnected from the clip in the boot but still connected to the boot, and one spark plug was fowled, so I was running on 4 cyls I assume. It explains the fuel smell...
Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts