S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!! Something is taking away power on my 4.3. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the 136,000+ miles but I'm not positive. I keep doing perfomance stuff to it but it's not getting any faster. I have a K&N Gen. II, 8.5 mm MSD wires, AC rapid fire plugs, powerstat, flowmaster, underdrive pulleys, and i'm going to try a throtle body spacer and a Mass air flow sensor. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That many miles could be alot of things. But I would go with the cat plugging up first. Cats are designed not to really last much more than 75,000, they do alot of work and when plugging up steal power. They wont through a code until either totally plugged, or not working at all as far as the 02 sensors is concerned. A sign of a cat being plugged, at night look at it after its ran, it'll start to glow very lightly, during the day it will be extremely hot and you will not be able to get your hand very close. But like I said it could be something else. But a likely source for the miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts