S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I'm having an interesting problem, or maybe pair of problems.

Truck info:
'01 3 door 2wd, automatic, 2.2L (duh...)
Engine replaced about 10K ago

So here's my biggest problem: I need to pass emissions by the end of the month, and my truck is now throwing code P0440. The description, of course, is nothing but EEC system malfunction. No indication of what part, just that the system is malfunctioning... So what are the common points of problem with the EEC system?

Next problem, may or may not be related: I'm having an intermittent problem with engine output. At any given random time it will lose most of its power. This will last between half a second to 20 seconds. It happens most often on the Freeway, where I end up falling behind for a few seconds before the power comes back and I can keep up again. If it happens at idle, I can barely accelerate at all. The engine seems unable to go past about 3.5K until the power comes back.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
It's "Neanderthal"
5,411 Posts
0440 could be as simple as a loose gas cap

·
Registered
5 Posts
Next problem, may or may not be related: I'm having an intermittent problem with engine output. At any given random time it will lose most of its power. This will last between half a second to 20 seconds. It happens most often on the Freeway, where I end up falling behind for a few seconds before the power comes back and I can keep up again. If it happens at idle, I can barely accelerate at all. The engine seems unable to go past about 3.5K until the power comes back.

Does this happen when and only when you get down to about half a tank? Maybe 180-200 miles from your last fill up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO I'm having an interesting problem, or maybe pair of problems.

Truck info:
'01 3 door 2wd, automatic, 2.2L (duh...)
Engine replaced about 10K ago

So here's my biggest problem: I need to pass emissions by the end of the month, and my truck is now throwing code P0440. The description, of course, is nothing but EEC system malfunction. No indication of what part, just that the system is malfunctioning... So what are the common points of problem with the EEC system?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Did u ever find out what was wrong with it my truck is doing same thing

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,662 Posts
1243 & Dragon...Please check the dates of the threads you're replying to. This thread has been dead for quite some time. Feel free to start your own thread and post a link to dead threads if you think it's appropriate. Punctuation is fun also... 🤣

1 - 9 of 9 Posts