S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hick
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '98 S-10 that is lowered 2" in the front and 3" in the rear. The drop is a Belltech kit with spindles in the front and blocks in the back. The truck is running on 17x8 American Racing Longboards wrapped in Kuhmo 235/40/17s. That is the backround information leading to my questions...

Is it possible to drop my truck 4"/5" without buying a whole new Belltech kit? For example, could I install a 2" spring in the front and rear with no problems to make it a 4"/5"? Or is there another way? Also, when I do a 4"/5" drop, will the tires tuck in just fine or will I need to go smaller?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you can easily put a 2" spring in the front, the rear you could either, buy the 3" drop leaves and a 2" block, or buy a set of used ZQ8 leafs, and keep your 3" block you have now, or last, you could just pull a leaf out of your spring pack, and that should drop you about an 1.5"

the tires should be jusst fine, you might see some rubbage on the front tires, on big bumps, and hard turning, but the back will be just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts