S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a pair of audiobahn aw1251t
trying to find out what wattage rating i should be looking for to get the most out of these subs
12" High Performance Subwoofer
45 OZ. Strontium Magnet
2" 4 Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coil
400W RMS Power Handling Per Sub
800W RMS Power Handling Per Pair!
30Hz - 1kHz Freq. Response
91.1dB Efficiency
Bumped & Vented Polished T-Yoke
Poly Coated 2 Layer Non Pressed Paper Cone
Lug Lock Terminals
Dual 4Ù Voice Coils Per Sub
1Ù or 2Ù or 4Ù or 2Ù Stereo Operation
Rubber Gasket & Magnet Mesh Cover
5" Mounting Depth
any ideas
i will probably be running them into a 2 ohm load
im on bugdet also maybe 100 bucks was thinking ebay or refurbished
but am willing to wait and save a little more $ for better performance

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
:werd: yea just wait litto while so u can save some money for a good amp that u might never have to replace... ;) no rush right? :D post pics wen its done..

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
dont buy anything cheap or ull blow ur subs under powering them, if you under power ur subs the voice coil moves slower and there for it can not cool its self, with the right am u can power it and the voice coil will move faster and it will be more cooled.... but thats just my .02... think about it for a second before anyone replies thanks

-db

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
just wanted to let you know unless you run them in stereo...you won't be able to get a 2ohm load...best bet is to find an amp that does some good power at @1ohm. wire your voice coils in paralell then run them paralell to the amp = 1ohm load, i'm sure i'm not telling you anything you didn't know though....

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
SL1Pn'85 said:
dont buy anything cheap or ull blow ur subs under powering them, if you under power ur subs the voice coil moves slower and there for it can not cool its self, with the right am u can power it and the voice coil will move faster and it will be more cooled.... but thats just my .02... think about it for a second before anyone replies thanks

-db

Wow. This is so incorrect I wanna shoot myself in the face.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do u guys think of profile i know they r not the best but a friend of has profile amps with all his systems and had good luck
i was looking at a profile ca1200
300 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
450 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
900 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
stereo or bridged mono output
Tri-Way capable
variable 40-500 Hz low-pass and high-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave
variable bass boost (0-12 dB) at 45 Hz
preamp- and speaker-level inputs
9-3/4"W x 2-1/2"H x 12-3/8"D

im looking to for an amp around 200 i know thats not much but thats all i can come up with right now and my last system got stolen out of my truck so i just some bumps back in my truck ill start saving for a better amp but it will be awhile

any ideas on a good 1 ohm stable amp with enough power to run these around 200
once again i know im crazy but thats all i got

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
cab said:
Wow. This is so incorrect I wanna shoot myself in the face.
the reason you can blow a sub by underpowering it is because you will keep turning it up and the amp will start distorting at its max power. Amp distortion is what blows speakers...though that really only happens on smaller speakers, not subs because they can handle bursts of power a lil better.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
u could do the phoenix gold tantrum 500.2. Its sure alot higer quality than most of what ur lookin at, and u can get some pretty slick deals on ebay. Also, 500 watts total to those subs would be fine...whatever audiobahn advertizes as rms...take 100 watts off of that...lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im kinda strapped for cash i have about 200 bucks to work with
and i didnt really see much on ebay
im just to have a system back in my truck im not trying to compete with it or anything and i will probably be buying another setup with two years
thats why the profile seemed reasonable i know a couple of people who have had good luck with profile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts