S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 92 4.3 with a 16 inch off name glasspack on it im looking for something louder i dont have a cat just header,pipe,glasspack..not even a tail pipe.. how much does a turndown increase the sound/power? any info would help alot.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
A turndown will have zero effect on power. It might quiet it down a little but you probably won't even notice it. I have no idea why the hell you want your truck that loud. Glasspacks sound loud and shitty on any motor; especially a 4.3

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
I've got a IMCO flowmaster knock-off on my 4.3 that sorta has that has a grumbly sound to it. If you want it loud, do straight pipe out in front of the wheel that goes from 2 1/2", to 3", to 4" piping like a megaphone.

4.3's are best left quiet, my opinion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
have a flowsound muffler i believe still at the house ill sell you for 20 bucks. its the exact same thing as a flowmaster 40 series. look some vids up on youtube. it sounded good. just too loud for my likings. shoot me a pm!

·
Registered
907 Posts
If the 4.3 has engine work done or the exhaust is done right they actually sound pretty good. But if someone is going to hack the exhaust, have leaks everywhere put a piece of shit muffler on then yes it is better left quiet. Actually that doesn't go for just 4.3s that goes for anything. V8s can sound like shit as there are many around my area. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts