S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 s10 and am wonder what would be better to go with for some real good sound. the flowmaster 40 series or super 44. im going to keep the cat but get rid of the resinator and my truck is bagged so i cut the exaust back and mounted the muffler just behind the cab.. whats gonna be louder and gimme so real throat to my truck?

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh come on thats what you come up with for a reply..worthless

·
Registered
498 Posts
Nope , just screwing with you ... Been doing some searching bout this myself . From what I have read on the Supper 44 seems to not be that good sounding . So between the 2 prob go with the 40 Series .

I have heard some clips of the Thrush Turbo on the 4.3 . It sounded pretty good . I have one sitting here to install on my project , and if I don't like it all I am out is like $22 ..lol

Go to youtube.com and type in the muffler name you want to hear and it will bring up videos so you can hear it on the truck ..

·
Registered
635 Posts
IMO, the Flow Super 44, is just enhanced, artificial loud sound, if you want Deep natural sound, get a Cherry Bomb Extreme/IMCO, Extreme. Or a Spintech, do a search on youtube to sample these.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope , just screwing with you ... Been doing some searching bout this myself . From what I have read on the Supper 44 seems to not be that good sounding . So between the 2 prob go with the 40 Series .

I have heard some clips of the Thrush Turbo on the 4.3 . It sounded pretty good . I have one sitting here to install on my project , and if I don't like it all I am out is like $22 ..lol

Go to youtube.com and type in the muffler name you want to hear and it will bring up videos so you can hear it on the truck ..
ive done the youtube thing so many times now lol

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
635 Posts
kinda ricey
Not At all! Once you break it in. My previous truck, a 96' Sonoma 4.3 Vortec sounded kinda ricey when I first put the Flowmaster 40 (Clone) on it, both vehicles needed about 1000miles before they got Deep, (Don't ask me Why? :dunno: ) but thats the facts Jack! The Cherry Bomb Pro still sounds Better!

Don't believe me? click on my signature link below to the sound clip of old truck, when I First put that muffler on, it sounded ricey, but got a lot deeper after that.

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
click on my photobucket link in my sig and go to ''vid clips'' on the left hand side....my truck the primer one,...has a 2.8 w/magnaflow highflow cat, 3 inch head pipe, flowmaster 40 series and 2.5 inch pipe.

The pewter one in there has the front cat or w/e it is delete, and the same setup as me, but ahs it come out infront of the rear tire. And his is a 4.3

·
Registered
635 Posts
For the 4.3 V6, This is the closest sounding muffler to a V8, Not a repetitive boaty Flowmaster sound, like it seems everyone with an S-10 has, or gets :rolleyes: And it sounds so mellow, & natural, till you get on it, it won't attract the cops like a louder muffler would. Unless you get the Cherry Bomb Extreme for some real noise. Anyway, here it is in action, Tell me it don't sound like a Corsa?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jyX4g0nwCo&feature=user

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
For the 4.3 V6, This is the closest sounding muffler to a V8, Not a repetitive boaty Flowmaster sound, like it seems everyone with an S-10 has, or gets :rolleyes: And it sounds so mellow, & natural, till you get on it, it won't attract the cops like a louder muffler would. Unless you get the Cherry Bomb Extreme for some real noise. Anyway, here it is in action, Tell me it don't sound like a Corsa?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jyX4g0nwCo&feature=user
Sounds nothing like a V8, honestly this IMCO junk makes it sound like a 3.1L Eurosport Lumina. Sadly I'd rather have a blowmaster than this on a 4.3. The Corsa comment I hope was a joke?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sounds nothing like a V8, honestly this IMCO junk makes it sound like a 3.1L Eurosport Lumina. Sadly I'd rather have a blowmaster than this on a 4.3. The Corsa comment I hope was a joke?
Well here's an IMCO on a 5.3 V8, I'm sorry if it doesn't blast out your eardrums with roar like a Spintech! Or have a loud boaty roar like a Blowmaster! I guess that the bigger the noise the more you like it? But, I think it sounds more refined, & natural then either, IMO, Plus there's no in cab drone! but to each his own, I'm done pushing it! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLP3wXr5wj0

·
xtremefour
1,806 Posts
I have an oldschool cherry bomb on my 97 Jimmy and it sounds ok. I do have a leaky flex pipe so I need to get that fixed and the muffler only has like 500 miles on it.

My 2.2 has a few thousand on the same type of muffler and it sounds so much better. Once the fiberglass gets carboned up it gets a much better sound.

Matt

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Well here's an IMCO on a 5.3 V8, I'm sorry if it doesn't blast out your eardrums with roar like a Spintech! Or have a loud boaty roar like a Blowmaster! I guess that the bigger the noise the more you like it? But, I think it sounds more refined, & natural then either, IMO, Plus there's no in cab drone! but to each his own, I'm done pushing it! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLP3wXr5wj0
LOL ok, I found the IMCO to be loud just did not sound good IMO. Like I said, it makes a 4.3 sound like a 3.1L Lumina: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MbF7npD9cQ

That IMCO 5.3 clip sounds like a major exhaust leak, again not a clip I would use to get people to buy into the IMCO revolution!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts