S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bad resonance in the cab. and the truck is bagged so I have to turn down befor the axle so if you can help me out with what the best setup would be that would be great.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I'd say put on a stock muffler, it seems like you are more interested in the looks department anyways, most aftermarket mufflers are going to resonate in the cab with a turndown. I suppose you could try running 2 mufflers, that would probably quiet it down a bit.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you could sound prood the cab. shouldnt take too much time or money. i saw it on trucks with his copperhead project. all it is, is a composite material that goes under the carpet of your car. could probably find out on the trucks website.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I removed my Flowmaster 40 and am now running a Thrush Turbo single in, single out split into 2 1/2" duals. Louder than stock but quieter than a flo 40 (very little interior resonance). Some backpressure, good performance. Low rumble at idle and going up through the RPM's, yet quiet at cruise. I would rather sneak up on someone that announce my presents.

·
Registered
37 Posts
discount auto pasts website sells the walker quiet-flow.. this muffler is supposed to have better flow and still maintain OE sound levels.. i am going to buy one in a month or so. my flowmaster delta friggin sounds like crap.

·
Registered
962 Posts
madman7703 said:
I removed my Flowmaster 40 and am now running a Thrush Turbo single in, single out split into 2 1/2" duals. Louder than stock but quieter than a flo 40 (very little interior resonance). Some backpressure, good performance. Low rumble at idle and going up through the RPM's, yet quiet at cruise. I would rather sneak up on someone that announce my presents.
Do you have any pics of where the the hangers are hung for the pipes splitting out on each side underneath? :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
No I don't, but the muffler had some clamps that bolted up to holes that were already in the frame close to the rear bumper. They then welded the pipes to the hanger on the clamp. I have changed mufflers once again. I removed the Thrush turbo (good sound, so so performance) to install a Ravin Z-55 (awesome sound, good performance). Had new dual pipes run as well, 2 1/4" straight out the back with 2 1/2" chrome tips. I believe that I have finally found the sound and performance that I was looking for in an exhaust system. This makes my wife happy, because in the past 2 years I have spent $1,207.00 on all the parts and set ups.

·
Registered
293 Posts
oops the muffler shop had the clamps, not the muffler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts