S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GearHead
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for the engine mount plans that are in the JTR swap manual.I did try a search to find them on my own but all i came up with is people taking about them in their post's so any help on this would be grate.Also the engine is form a 84 C30 Chevy two wheel drive truck and the truck it is going into is a 84 two wheel drive 2.8V6 long bed.The engine has old ram horn type manifolds on it.My uncle swaped them on the engine.My question about these manifolds is will they work for this swap?I do know they are as close to headers as you can get in a stock manifold.I have all the parts i need to do this swap for free but a trans and the mounts.Do i need to swap out my coil springs for the added weight?.If i do need to swap in new springs which ones do i need and where can i get them form?Thanks for any help!

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
coil springs will be fine. Rams horns won't work and likely your heads aren't going to have the seventh hole to use the camaro manifolds that are needed to do the swap. which could be a blessing because if they are big truck heads they are junk anyway. The mount illustrations are in a JTR swap book I suppose.

·
GearHead
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They say that the plans are in chapter five in their book but i do not own the book and all i need is the plans.Thanks for the help so far

1 - 3 of 3 Posts