S-10 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,312 Posts
Oh, and that is an excellent question about the oil pump. I don't know! Look at the two when you have it apart. May just be a screen swap. Personally? Pony up for a new pump before dropping it in.

·
Boozebag
9,041 Posts
While you have the oil pan off, you may want to pop a few rod caps and look at the rod bearings. They are probably fine, but... if you see any copper showing, replace them. It's pretty simple and the bearings are cheap. Look at the shell, if they are standard size it usually won't say. If they are undersized (.010, .020.) it will be stamped on the bearing shell. If you do replace them - make sure you have the right size and torque them correctly!
The oil pumps are the same for all 2.8, 3.1 and 4.3 engines. You can buy a high volume pump or a standard replacement. The oil pick up tube makes the difference in the 4x4 or 2x4 pans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome. Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys! I probably won't be the engine until week after next, but I'll definitely check all that out and keep you all posted.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts