S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my front seats. They are the grey cloth, color doesnt matter as long as they are in good condition. Driver side is electric, typical ZR2 stuff.

Live in Colorado but willing to pay for shipping.

·
Been there Done it
11,212 Posts
All 2000 should have the same matching fabric. Any 98 up buckets will fit. Make sure they fold so any 4dr seats are out.

Reactions: keith303

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. My primary reason to replace (driver side mainly) is the springs in the seat are bad. The truck sat for a year or so while I was out of the state and I had put some boxes in there for storage. The weight of the boxes 24/7 messed up the springs. Is that something that can be fixed by a place that refurbs seats, or do i need new internals? The cloth is fine..its just the springs.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thanks for the replies. My primary reason to replace (driver side mainly) is the springs in the seat are bad. The truck sat for a year or so while I was out of the state and I had put some boxes in there for storage. The weight of the boxes 24/7 messed up the springs. Is that something that can be fixed by a place that refurbs seats, or do i need new internals? The cloth is fine..its just the springs.
yes they can easily fix the springs.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Could also find a seat frame and replace it. The seat assemblies are quite easy to take apart and replace the parts. I've repaired a good number of seats but combining a pile of good parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could also find a seat frame and replace it. The seat assemblies are quite easy to take apart and replace the parts. I've repaired a good number of seats but combining a pile of good parts.
thanks i may try that. I've seen seats for the right year in junk yards but they were always torn up fabric wise.. makes sense if i can swap out the parts. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
thanks i may try that. I've seen seats for the right year in junk yards but they were always torn up fabric wise.. makes sense if i can swap out the parts. Thanks!
Another trick is many of the parts are the same on both the passenger and driver side seats - seat frames and cushions in particular. If your frame or cushion is bad on the driver side I always pull them from a passenger side. Double check the frame for broken welds/springs and the foam for wear marks, but they're much less common on a passenger seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts