S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p Hi all, i'm about to buy a mid 80's s10 with a 350v8 under the hood and was wandering if I was alone. I've been checking this forum out for a while and it seemed like you guys are all banging on 4 or 6 pistons. I had a 350 in a cj7 a coulpe of years ago and loved it, so when I found this s-10 it reminded me of my jeep. The guy who i'm buying it off of owns a body shop and has spent the last 4 years restoring this thing. It looks better than new, and I would guess it runs 11.50's in the 1/4 mile...but again i'm guessing. So talk to me s-10 gods of the world!!!!!

:bah:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Get the truck you will love it. I am working on my second V-8 powered S-10 as we speak. The first was a 1985 with a 327 small block. The current one is a 1994 extended cab with a 355. Good luck with the purchase and you won't regret it.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I'm kinda late, but I have one too. 97 with a 97 350 Vortec in it. V-8 S-10's are KEWL !!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: :D

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
I got one that I am about finished with...needs little more work...

check out my parent directy...
http://home.kscable.com/xtremer/v8swap

there are more of us v8 guys here than you think...
yeah i may be there soon enough, i found a 350 for $400, im thinking about it when i save up another grand for someone to do it for me the right way.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
what???

the right...is there really a wrong way to it...if you buy the motor mounts and the headers you can't go wrong...

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Re: what???

xtremer-pxl said:
the right...is there really a wrong way to it...if you buy the motor mounts and the headers you can't go wrong...
yeah but then you put sizing up transmissions, electronics, routing all the wire and ****, and getting it to fit under my hood, yeah it a little harder to me since im still the amateur ,pxl, i wish i had two so i could commute and then build up the other one. :idea:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
By far am I a professional for doing this..but it was all very simple and it should all fit under the stock hood...so...do be afraid to try it...the transmission mounted up to the stock cross member with no mods...:thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
By far am I a professional for doing this..but it was all very simple and it should all fit under the stock hood...so...do be afraid to try it...the transmission mounted up to the stock cross member with no mods...:thumbup:
well as of now i don't know what kind of condition the 350 is in so im looking into it, yesterday it was snowing and slid off the road into the woods, so maybe tired and rims are next on my list, so if i do decide to drop a 350 it won't be until summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts