S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1992 S-10 4.3L 2wd
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 S-10 Tahoe that has a badly damaged bumper. I need a chrome replacement bumper that is as close to the original as possible. (Aftermarket is fine) Do you guys have any suggestions for purchasing a replacement? Ebay is nearly useless at this point and none of my local junkyards have anything.

Thank you for any advice.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
LMC truck

Reactions: The_Squeege

·
Registered
1994 Chevy S10, Base Model 2.2L
62 Posts
Thank you for your help. Is that pretty much the "Go-to" place for s-10 parts for everyone?
AFAIK: LMC Truck is a major go-to for most truck owners looking for random parts or restoring old to new. Their catalog is extensive, everything is pretty good quality, and their prices (while not low) aren't super ridiculous, either.

·
Premium Member
Currently: 96 4wd XCab, 98 Blazer, 85 2wd S15 XCab, 82 longbed Sport, 95 Jimmy w/LT1
176 Posts
Back to the bumper... many years ago we had a chrome plating outfit that did custom work for resto people, especially car people but also anything else. I think their name was Astro, out of Providence RI. They also had a division that collected bumper cores and straightened them and replated them and had them on the shelf. As times changed, they closed, and their assets were bought out by a couple of employees. Obviously things have changed, and I have lost touch with them, but this thread got me wondering if in some less politically-correct parts of the country they still do plating, and if one of the older outfits might still have stuff back in a warehouse somewhere. If I lived in Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta, Miami, or somewhere with a lot of industry and car guys, I'd make a few phone calls if there are some plating outfits advertising any more.

And yes, I use LMC, I like them and their attitude. Due to shipping and other costs, though, I usually start with my local NAPA, and look online first.

·
Registered
119 Posts
LMCTruck.com (800)562-8782 very helpful in restoration, everything is higher these days including shipping. I have purchased from LMC several times and happy with the quality of parts. sign up to receive free sales catalog for your year of S10
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle Car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts