S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 84 S-10 Blazer and am in need of a few parts. The first would be a new 4WD vacuum actuator ( Or what ever its called) thats mounted on the passenger side fender. Any Good places to find parts or good ideas how to get rid of this vacuum crap.

·
Registered
115 Posts
JC Witney has a kit that replaces the vacuum diaphram/actuator with a choke cable looking handle. You pull it out to lock in the front when you put it in 4wd and push in for 2wd. You can also leave the front dissengaged and put the t-case in 4-LO and have 2-LO. Hope this helps. If you need any parts let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info about JC's. I was also wondering if there are and S-10 Specialty type shops around i might be able to look up?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did a sas to my blazer, I think I might still have the actuator somewhere. If I find it, you can have it for $10+shipping. It was from a 93, I don't know if they changed over the years but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
there is a pull-a-part(junk yard) in everett that might have parts. when i gave my buddy my 85 s10 thats where he got the parts to fix it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jm8881:
Thanks for the offer but due to all the snow i just went out and bought a new one.

By the way ( im new ) what is a sas? is it "Straight Axel Swap" or is it a type of kit used to covert to straight axel.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah sas is solid axle swap. i dont think there is a kit for it though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts