S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed my bed for a fuel pump job and didnt like the looks of the frame. So I went up to home depot and bought a 60 grit flap pad for the grinder and got all the big stuff of... The I went over everything with my sand blaster and got it all down to a nice shiney etched bare metal... Hit it with a Scotch Brite then some Prep All Pre Cleaner... Air Dried it and let it sit for a minute than applied a layer of semi-gloss chassis paint.. Looks good so far, As of now I only have the passenger side frame rail done but it's lookin nice... I am going to pick up my daily driver then I will post some pictures :)

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay well the day was nice.. felt like 80 degrees SUNNY as could be and I was makin progress with the frame.. then all of the sudded overcast, then rain so I threw a tarp over everything... 20 minutes later BLACK clouds, hail and tornado sirens, yikes....
Needless to say didnt get far on the frame but I got the passenger side frame rail done and if my cell phone would send these damn pics I'd post them.. so now its up to my cell phone, and the weather ... lol

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay Phone finally cooperated 3 seconds after I posted that last message, lol

Originally I was going to work around the spring hangers and bumper mounts, but after that pictures I took them off and grinded/blasted/painted that part of the frame as well.. Weather depending I should get it done tomorrow as well as the fuel pump.

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P.S. the flex pipe is just holding the plastic down that is covering my fuel tank hole... I am not going to make a custom flex pipe stack come through my bed, no worries ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts