S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys a while back someone posted a thread and was asking for the best looking trucks. someone had this blue xtreme and had an ss looking hood. he said he sold all of the stuff he added on the truck but i really liked that hood i would like to kno where to get one.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've got one that East coast customs has. If you're not interested in ECCs hood, lmk for sure what kind you are interested in and i may be able to hook ya up.

·
git-r-done
712 Posts
those are really sweet rims and its also a sweet ass truck.......what rims are they? and what size tires? thanks alot

-edit- oh yeah, sorry for whorin.....lol

·
truckin
101 Posts
Yo LoweredXtreme;

That is a 2/3 drop???? That extreme package really makes the wells at least an inch lower.. thats cool.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
And that site he mentioned above is the place I got it. The only bad thing is that, I dont know if I got unlucky or not, but the hood needed some mad work. A lot of sanding and the hood was not made straight. Had to add fiberglass to the hood to fix the unstraightness of the hood. Cost a lot too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
lol.. i thought it was just me. I actually got mine from ZMotive.com, but dont recommend them for shit.. I wanted the holes cut out in the front,and also the area in the back so it would be open, They quoted me $400 with all that and paint.....The hood needed to be sanded down, filled and re-glassed as well on mine(so they told me)... when i went to pick it up from the paint shop it was $900, and the hood was $600 when i bought it ,got it when it first came out in 2001.... plus the way the hood spring attached is no where the same as an S10, the hood had a small threded hole built in it.... I took off my factory spring, cut a piece of round steel the same size as the end, welded a bolt to it, then welded the metal to the bottom of the spring.... that way the spring could just be screwed into the hole

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
That is funny, because I paid $419 for the hood, $116 for the shipping charges and $900 as well for paint and all the damage to be fixed. Hood when from $419 to $1500. LoL

But I was lucky enough for the hood to match up to factory

·
harlem body kit has to go
1,170 Posts
lowered i really like your hood, damn. but i want mine to allow air through those vents and put street scene grills in them... is that possible?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yeah, you can do what Indigo did, cut out the middle pieces and put a screen there. That would look sick. I might do that with mine, but for the time, I like it. The only thing I was worried about is small particles getting through the screen and into the motor.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's my '03 X with Cervini's SS Style hood. $439 plus $125 shipping, plus $100 paint. No fiberglass molding work needed. Perfect fit. Only problem is getting factory spring back on and water sprayers have lame mounts, but I left those off cause I don't use them anyways.
https://www.cervinis.com/shop/product.asp?id=31

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts