S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit a pothole doin' 70 and didnt realize what had happened until it was too late. so now i'm looking for a new wheel.

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more

heres the rim:mad: it really hurt my feelings

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
that ****ing sucks ,what kind of rims are they ?

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was so pissed. theyre 18" mondera davanti's. this just puts all my other plans on hold for a few weeks.

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
dont feel bad i knew a guy who had the same wheels on a 2001 dakota sport and he hit a pot hole at about 50 and destoryed one front and one back wheel :cry:

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i am lucky compared to your friend. it really put a kink in my plans. i was going to do alot of things but now i gotta wait.:mad: but oh well.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
ouch! sorry to hear about your luck......:( Hope you have an easy time finding a new one.........:thumbup:

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

thanks guys i will probably be getting a new one hopefully in the next two weeks if i can work that much. i'm gonna get some pics up as soon as i get my truck how i want it.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
Damn that sux:(

·
BLUEBYU
465 Posts
Buy some taller tires.Get those condoms off those wheels.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well...

you didn't hear it here, from me, but I would probably make those wheels "disappear" from my driveway, and when the insurance company asks, just tell them it had factory aluminum wheels. They cost more than any custom wheel out there...But you didn't hear that from me-also theft is covered under your comprehensive as long as it's parked...so i's considered vandalism...therefore there shouldn't be a deductable...but you didn't hear that from me...

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks

thanks for the advice but i'm just gonna buy a new one. i had too much hassle w/ insurance companies on my blazer. i appreciate the advice though.

and by the way i'm getting new tires when i order my new wheel.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
that can be fixed dude! heli-arc it! if u have no clue what im talking about take it to a macine shop and theyll know what to do.

At work, an ear popped off of a transmission as we were removing it from a 99 S10 got it welded back for about 80 bucks

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah

the pic really doesnt show how bad it is. i work at a place that can do all that stuff, machining, welding etc. and its beyond repair. thanks for the help though.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
nonsence everything can be repaired (with jb weld and duct tape for that matter) sorry to hear that

but heck if u work at a place with the facilities, why not make some custom one off wheels

·
frame layin member
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would make some custom wheels but i got a deal on these so i went ahead and got them. i'll probably have a new one in next week. i just got off work trying to make some OT to make up for the wheel and still keep my truck moving along.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts