S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is nowhere that carries loctite locally for any reasonable price. what else can i use that is available at like an autozone or home depot

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I'll give you guys a tip on a killer sealant that you can get at pretty much any auto parts store... Hylomar. It is a blue paste. I first started using it on head bolts that go into water passages. And now when I hard line a system, if I have any difficult to seal flares, I will put some on the sealing surface, and problem solved.

·
full size dippin
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
paste to me was worthless. i never could get that stuff to seal because it didnt dry. maybe i was using the wrong brand.

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
you probably were.but i think paste,teflon and any other sealant is good.most people dont like the teflon cause they dont know how to wrap it the right way and probably dont use enough.

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
never had a problem with teflon tape...

piss on loctite, its a bitch to remove the fittings with loctite

·
Mine Drags The Ground
836 Posts
plus you have to wrap it on there a 6 times so it doesnt leak

·
Sweet lemonade.
2,737 Posts
i dk how bad this is, but i used clear silicone. small bead once around the fitting and it will never leak. and its like $5 a big ole tube

·
V8 with bags
7,372 Posts
gas tape line, the yellow stuff works awesome if you are having trouble getting regular teflon to seal. Ive also had alot of succes with some yellow paste stuff i picked up from the hardware store. I cant remember what its called, but it sjust yellow paste stuff. Ive never had a leak, but ive only used that on a few fittings. But ive got regular ole teflon, the gas rated yellow teflon, and some yellow paste stuff. No leaks.

like said its all in how you wrap it. You want to wrap the teflon on to there threading it in tightens it around. which would be counter clockwise on a standard right hand thread piece. And you dont need six wraps, a good solid two or so wraps is more than enough

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.