S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I know if I have one without jacking it up etc.. is there a number/letter in the vin or...

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
in your glove box. should be a sticker with alot of 3digit number/letters. Look for G80, thats the RPO code for a limited slip.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
Flamed 98 said:
in your glove box. should be a sticker with alot of 3digit number/letters. Look for G80, thats the RPO code for a limited slip.
g80 is the easiest way to figure it out. i got it on my blazer :sheep:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Jack up the rear. Spin one tire. If the other tire spins the same direction you have one If it spins the other direction it is an open diff.

·
Off Roadin' Member
1,277 Posts
SC_Jimmy said:
Jack up the rear. Spin one tire. If the other tire spins the same direction you have one If it spins the other direction it is an open diff.
well im not sure, that may be true about the G80 posi but with my zexel if you jack the rear up and spin one tire the other one will spin the opposite way, but as soon as theres a tiny bit of resistance on one tire it locks up.

·
bitch
7,884 Posts
SC_Jimmy said:
that would be a full time posi and not the limited slip s-10's and blazer's come with.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
yeah my limited slip spins the other way too. i think mines a lil worn out cuz i cant spin both of them consistently on flat ground... the pass side tends to spin more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts