S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does the locking diff really do anyway... is it like 1.5 way possitrac... all i know is when i get on it... and i break them loose... they BOTH break loose... and my truck goes sideways in the snow and on rain.... but even in a turn on dry pavment... i get awsome traction.... oh...and could someone explain the damn gearing... on the rear-end... i know that hi gears like 4.10 will give you the low-end grunt out of the hole... but you loose on the hi-end and gas miliage... my 3.08 gears are pretty short in my opinion... i can be in 5th and at 30mph and at 1000rpm.... and 1st is annoying cuase its so damn short... :wtf:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Basically a locking differential keeps the power from going to one wheel, but lets them spin at different speeds in a turn. as far as your gearing, let me know when your shifting, you might not be shifting right (you should never be in 5 at 30)

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Not cone type. Clutch packs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i don't normally keep it in 5th... i was just amkin an example... i'm not dumb.... i've drove many mtx's in my life...

·
Big Dreamer w/low Budget
207 Posts
Hey if I have a 1988 and up 28 spline rear end could i put an 8.2in or 8.5in 28 spline limited slip in it :idea: if not how hard is it to narrow down a rear end :stickpoke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts