S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Locking the torque coverter. Has any one ever done this and does it help at the track any. Also any ill effects on the transmission when used strictly at the track.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From my understanding you use a 18ga. or 22ga. wire . Then you strip off a little of each wire and run one wire to the top left hand corner and the other to the top hand corner. Then lower the ALDL and splice your wires into those two connections and run your switch. I was told when done so when driving in second gear it should jerk like a stick car when done correctly.

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
I don't think i would do it unless you beefed up the stock converter not saying their not strong but their just straight up not meant for the punishment a better one could if you did that. If you need my too i can wire that up for ya. that one website for the tranny is www.4l60-e.com but to be totoaly honest i don't think i would even touch that stuff(the locking of it)

·
Registered
507 Posts
Not a good idea at all for a stock converter. I've seen the insides of a converter thats was in a stock vehicle, never raced, just had a malfuction in the trans making it lock up in second. The damper springs for the clutch were in a million pieces and it destroyed the converter and circulated lots of metal thoughout the trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts