S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I allready posted this in the blazer forum but no one had anything to say. My 93 blazer needs doors, fenders, iner fenders. On Lmc truck I saw they had them but are they good? Like do they fit good and line up easy? Also where can I get a tailgate for my blazer? I called around and was told they don't make them aftermarket.

Thanks

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
depending where you are, hit up your local junk yard. or if you have a pick n pull or pick a part near you, go there. thats where i get all my stuff! ive gotten some awesome condition stuff man, and its 100x cheaper than LMC, plus its all OEM :p

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
LMC sells overpriced body parts IMO,they are the same as certafit etc...
IMO aftermarket stuff never fits right,but keystone has some of your better fitting parts.
LMC doesnt sell Blazer gates,and as far as I know,nither does anyone else.
But someone in the classifieds was selling one,new OEM in primer $200,he was in IN though....
Junkyard is your friend,but your in MA so.....

·
32,797 Posts
^^^^ Yup.

LMC is the normal aftermarket junk.

Funny thing is that a lot of people think that because they cost more, they are the good OEM parts. Usually those dummies that think/posts/says that stupid "you get what you pay for" saying.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I am in MA so all the junkyards have rotted shit. I want to do everything right so I am just going to by new. I went to school for autobody, and I agree after market shit sucks thats why I asked. I'll have to check out keystone.

·
32,797 Posts
One thing too:

Everyone always says "go to a junkyard". What's to say that those junkyard parts are not aftermarket as well? Nothing.

·
Truck #121616
2,860 Posts
true, but you have a selection, and you can always compare. plus, if the part fits nice on the truck, its possible that the part has already been fitted properly.

that sucks that all the stuff around you is rotted to shit. in bc, it was similar... rust on everything... in alberta, its totally different! there's the odd rusted out beater, but pick n pull has lots of decent condition or better vehicles :D

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
Even OEM some times doesnt fit well,on my 89 Blazer Im working on,the 94 fender on the driver side I put on is OEM from a 94 Blazer and it stickes out just a wee bit.So not even OEM from year to year will "fit" perfectly.

·
R/C Guru
617 Posts
I was having horribl luck finding good condition parts at the local yards. I ordered over $1000 from LMC so I had free shipping which was great because I had a ton of stuff that had to come truck freight.

I didnt think the prices were horrible. So far I have not gotten anything mounted up but looking at them out of the boxes they look good. Im feeling pretty good about my purchase and am happy.

I will have a build thread coming up soon with some pictures of my stuff so anyone can chek it out.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
yeah if u had yards those are the best, and as far as finding aftermarket stuff in yards, knock on them. if it sounds like ur knocking on a warehouse door most likely aftermarket, if it sounds like u are knocking on a rock, probably OEM

·
32,797 Posts
yeah if u had yards those are the best, and as far as finding aftermarket stuff in yards, knock on them. if it sounds like ur knocking on a warehouse door most likely aftermarket, if it sounds like u are knocking on a rock, probably OEM
But with the way GM has ben going, it's the opposite with the newer trucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts