S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
firefighter260
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody bought the dual exhaust kit from LMC truck? and if so how does it sound?

·
32,797 Posts
LMC is about $230.00 before shipping.
For some crappy no-name peice of junk.

And do some price comparisions. If you shop around, you will see just about every item in the LMC catalogs (plural as in all their model catalogs) can be found cheaper elsewhere.

First, find a muffler you like, since sound is a personal preference, then price out the installed prices at local muffler shops.

Sometimes, the major mufflers (Magnaflow, Flowmaster, etc....) can be found on ebay for around $60 shipped.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
:stupid: FInd the muffler you like, then take it to a backyard mechanic and they'll be able to do you up for pennies as compaired to buying a catback.

its exactly what im doing with my yukon, gonna buy a magnaflow muffler and high flow cat and have it installed somewhere

·
firefighter260
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. right now i have a stock cat wit flowmaster 40 series. and its got a pretty deep tone.

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
ok. right now i have a stock cat wit flowmaster 40 series. and its got a pretty deep tone.
Then just keep that configuration. If your stock cat is in good working order, there's no need for a "high-flow" aftermarket piece.

·
firefighter260
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok. im gonna have to buy a new flowmaster soon. mine is blowing out rust and pieces of the baffles.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
check on the Borla Exhaust system for s10's, they are comparable in price to the LMC no name steel piece, as the Borla is full Stainless Steel, so much better quality and a name to rely on. And the Borla is all mandrel bent also

·
32,797 Posts
i found a shop thatwill custom bend duals for me for 200 bucks.
From what I've read on a few forums, that seems to be about the average price (unless you're in a larger city where there's tons of shops and prices are much lower). Remember about the tips as well, that could add $20 to $100 depend on which ones. And the type of bends and piping, plus warranty.

·
Useless posting member
10,828 Posts
I bought a Dynomax muffler and a shop here charged me $60 to weld it on and run new piping from my muffler-back. I didn't price it out for dual pipes, but I don't see it being too much more than that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts