S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of LMC door seals for my 87 S10 and they were not cut like the original does anyone have any experience with these seals ? And how to install it. There are 3 notches in the weather stripping as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also had to remove the LMC door drip edge rubber as it made closing my door very hard. The regular door seal is fine however and no water gets in without the drip seal removed.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Yes the door seals suck *** from LMC. All the aftermarket door seals suck. My advice...

The GM stock front AND rear door seals are 2 piece. You can easily reglue them back together with any of the brands weatherstripping glue. I've done it on numerous 1st gens. They may look like a 1 piece seal but they are not. What I do if mine are separated from the track piece is I separate the whole seal part from the track. Install the track part onto the door flange. If it's too short to make it all the way around you can either heat it or cut and fit a "dutch" piece in to have it fit the flange perfect. Glue the "dutch" to the track piece. Next, while on the truck, after you have glued the face of the track part of the rubber and the seal part, (the glue is a type of contact cement)press on the seal to the track part working your way around the whole door opening stretching it to fit. Done....
Stick with the GM seals.
FYI....

Theres 2 NOS front door seals on Ebay left... been for sale for a while now. They're running approx $200 each.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jayyk31
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing