S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some stock heads for a lm7 ironblock 5.3l.. i got them for 40 bucks..theyre in great shape.. i planned on sending them to get cnc ported/milled/ bigger valves installed.

are these a good set of heads and are they worth messing with.. or should i go get some different heads

im aiming for 450+hp.. itd be GREAT to reach 500 but idk if i can get that without forced induction...

MODS:
750 holley carb
victor jr manifold
beehive springs
comp gold rockers
forged pushrods
stock lifters
220/224 comp cam
stock rotating assembly
ported oil pimp
ls2 pan
efans and water pump
lm7 heads???

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly what i was talking about.. and that is limited to a certain cam they were using,, there is many different cams out there.. plus thats not much they did to that engine to make that happen.. they say taht the lm7 heads are good.. but im just seeing if anyone has any first hand info

·
Registered
841 Posts
That article is pretty impressive.96hp with just a cam swap!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
The lm7 heads have the smallest combustion chamber out of the stock heads, with a little porting will flow very well. will give you the highest cr without milling.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sorry I thought you had the alluminum 5.3 heads in mind!!!The iron heads are not worth the price of cnc porting. I have some 241s that would save some weight. ls6 yellow springs, cheap!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
that's what I thought, only early 6.0 had the iron heads( the 140# threw me off)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts