S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys sell on ebay alot. Do not know if you can buy without going through ebay.
Contacted them many months ago about a couple deep tinted x- cab windows. Reasonably priced items so I sent a question through ebay asking there condition , stressing the fact I had bought two so called excellent pieces already on ebay and one had a ripped seal, etc, etc.
This was not the first time , items had been misrepresented by an ebayer and since I had already been burned on this I stressed the fact the truck had very low miles and if they were not in close to new shape I would not be interested. If you stress your point and question these junk yard types several times they tend to develop an attitude, I ask you what are you to do get burned again or ask a couple extra questions to be sure these items are what you want.

Anyway I asked several times to have these two windows "eyeballed" for exact condition and stressed the fact the truck was very low miles. The response "well nobody can have that nice of a truck ten years old and since you are so picky you should buy new". I'll give them the picky part I explained my situation very clearly in the original email and I thought you know there is really no reason for them to be dissin my truck, how in the heck can he know it's shape. I let it go thinking what a jerk and how unprofessional.

Recently noticed they sell a lot ZQ8 sway bars, I am sure some of you have bought one from them. They are selling ZQ8 front sway bars on ebay starting at 69.00, buy it now 78.00...22.00
shipping. If buy it now $100.00, in ebay completed auction listing most do buy it now.

On gmpartdirect part #15981886 zq8 fron sway bar 59.70.
Part # 15991079 U-clamp $3.55 X 2 = 7.10.
Part # 15981887 bushing/rubber $5.08 x 2 = 10.16
That totals $76.96 plus shipping to my housewas 22.50
which is less than s10 warehouse for used parts ???

I emailed them and told them about price on gmpartdirect and of my intent to post here.
Response,
" Do you know I have been selling these for the price listed and sell everyone I get my hands on at this price...do you know I can sell things at what ever price I can and it does not have to be the best deal on the internet...do you know I am on s10forum also ?"

Guys...best deal..lol. Whenever I can buy new for less than used it is a no brainer.
I can get zq8 front bars in my area for 30-50 bucks, fifty is only if they have to ship them in from another yard. Maybe I should sell them for 75.00 including shipping , at least you would be saving a minimum of 25.00 over new, isn't that the point in buying used parts for less than new prices ???

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
i have yet to ever buy something off him that being one of the reasons, the other is i've emailed him several times about parts, yet never got a response.... guess hes not interested in my money. :dunno: Some of hIs prices do seem kinda high on certain items, and from what i can see on here... he seems to give off a "you want it or not attitude"

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
he can sell them for $150 if he wants, no one says he has to sell them cheaper or at a certain price.the dudes just makeing a living, gm bring in millions if not billions. you should always shop around first anyhow. at least you found it cheaper before you bought it.
as for the tinted windows i think should have gotten that done at a shop, it couldnt have been much more expensive then buying some used tinted windows

·
Fatty~BooM~Daddy
4,239 Posts
well i bought a gas tank from him...he accidently sent me the wrong.....so he sent another one for no charge an i didnt even have to send the wrong one back....an i plan on buying some more stuff from him later on....

·
Gettin' back in the game
3,268 Posts
Southern said:
Did making money become illegal all of a sudden?
Werd. He's just running a business. If people are stupid enough to pay more for a used part on eBay than they can buy it for new, more power to him!

He posts on here quite a bit too, so be prepared for him to jump on this thread as soon as he sees it. Seems like a nice enough guy to me. Even offered me a 15% discount for defending him on another thread! :dunno:

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
well i can see why he posted it here...cause he is talking about suspension parts...and where to get them cheap...

but ryan is a great guy to deal with...i have delt with him first hand...and last time i checked it is ok to sell for whatever you want...most people are to lazy to search and look at ebay...why should he lose out for there stupidity...

and i got all the parts i needed and all were in the shape he said they were it...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
SonomaCruzer
144 Posts
I have bought some power window motors and assemblys from him. They work great and everything. Some of his prices do seem a bit high but... hey if he's able to sell them for that more power to him.

And ya, he's on here and usually a pretty nice guy too.

·
The Der
9,416 Posts
i bought a whole damn blazer x from him among numerous other things, ryan is a great guy to deal with, he dosent need to defend his business practices...its his business. He prolly gwets hundreds of emails a day from people asking dumb ass questions...not that yours was nessecarilly dumb, so hes a direct and to the point person. I will continue to buy from him. But like any business if you find it cheaper somewhere else go for it, thats your decision being the consumer

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
heard allot on gmpartsdirect as long as you can wait a couple extra days... a neighbor saved tons of money and hasn't had a single problem with all the parts he bought for the vette he just built:tup:

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
i wanna see what happens when he finds this thread...

but ive been poking around ebay for stuff for my 98+ conversion some of his stuff is good prices others not great, reasonable, but ive found cheaper.

ima gonna go check out gmdirect

heres another somewhat good prices (certian things ie Gm bumper filler $35 bucks new)
www.wholesaleparts4U.com

·
specializing in 98-up s10
4,803 Posts
well if you know much about extended cab windows yo uwould know they have a problem for the trim tearing even a truck 1-2 years old can be... if i state in my auction its in good shape thats what it means!! their is a reason my feedback on ebay is 100% you guys never understand the time it takes to sell USED parts and make everyone happy

Contacted them many months ago about a couple deep tinted x- cab windows.
so this was months ago so thats makes it about 5,000 questions ago as i do get 50-100 a day .. i have to wonder if you have anything else to do in your life to hold onto this for so long .. its not not i was the one that sold you bad windows that was other sellers

Reasonably priced items so I sent a question through ebay asking there condition , stressing the fact I had bought two so called excellent pieces already on ebay and one had a ripped seal, etc, etc
and dont confuse me with other sellers if they sent you junk not as described thats does not make my stuff no good .. i bet their feedback showed thier history

I'll give them the picky part I explained my situation very clearly in the original email and I thought you know there is really no reason for them to be dissin my truck, how in the heck can he know it's shape. I let it go thinking what a jerk and how unprofessional.
it does not sound like you let it go ....i never dissed your truck i sort of rember the email to say something like i have a perfect 1995-96 etc and i said that old cant be to prerfect or somthing to that effect .... and how many times do i have to defend my self aganist buyers that ask if i sell garabge when its clear i take the time to make lisiting and its the reason for the feedback system!

heres the emai li got from him today
You do realize through gmpartdirect one could order the front zq8 sway bar, two frame brackets
and two rubber isolators for $ 98.00 shipped to my zip for example, may vary slightly by zip.

Just thought I would ask since someone there took an attitude with me when I asked a few questions about a x-cab window for my s10 ?

s10forum.com might need to know of this ??????
well you better get to work becasue their is a lot of stuff listed on ebay you can buy other places cheaper so start taking your time to research it and email every seller to let them know that they are in business trying to make a linivng and someone else has it cheaper and does not have to pay ebay and paypal fee's to sell it

and depending on where you are from gm partsdirrect will greatly change the shipping price for others ..

funny how becasue you think you can get it some place cheaper i should sell it for less.. like i said in the email i sell ever sway bar i get at that price and have been for about the last year at that price.. if you can buy one cheaper go for it EBAY IS NOT FREE FOR SELLERS it is called business and if i can sell it at that price then i will.. i did not make these prices up out of thin air its the prices they bring becasue i have been selling these parts for 4 years now i know what it will bring and people will but it... if you dont like the price on something thats your choice

i am one person i list all the itmes ,take all the pictures, buy all the parts trucks, do all the email questions. do all the office work all the shipping etci have a guy that takes the trucks apart and packs the items ... i have gotten to the point if its not listed on ebay i really dont have time for it. its taking up my whole life.. i get on the forum and its like my play time i can post/talk or give pointers to people on parts or questions on fitment etc and see all kinds of current topics on every part of the world...... you can either buy-it or wait till i get to listed it i work at the shop 5-6 days a week and almost everynight from 8-12 on line making listing on ebay .. ..theirs probly more i can say but everyone has their choice in life

for thoese who have bought stuff from me thanks

98layinframe= i have yet to ever buy something off him that being one of the reasons, the other is i've emailed him several times about parts, yet never got a response.... guess hes not interested in my money. :dunno: Some of hIs prices do seem kinda high on certain items, and from what i can see on here... he seems to give off a "you want it or not attitude"
i pm'ed you back on the list of stuff you asked for it was to fix a truck that was burned under the hood i never heard back from you

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jetmeck said:
These guys sell on ebay alot. Do not know if you can buy without going through ebay.
Contacted them many months ago about a couple deep tinted x- cab windows. Reasonably priced items so I sent a question through ebay asking there condition , stressing the fact I had bought two so called excellent pieces already on ebay and one had a ripped seal, etc, etc.
This was not the first time , items had been misrepresented by an ebayer and since I had already been burned on this I stressed the fact the truck had very low miles and if they were not in close to new shape I would not be interested. If you stress your point and question these junk yard types several times they tend to develop an attitude, I ask you what are you to do get burned again or ask a couple extra questions to be sure these items are what you want.

Anyway I asked several times to have these two windows "eyeballed" for exact condition and stressed the fact the truck was very low miles. The response "well nobody can have that nice of a truck ten years old and since you are so picky you should buy new". I'll give them the picky part I explained my situation very clearly in the original email and I thought you know there is really no reason for them to be dissin my truck, how in the heck can he know it's shape. I let it go thinking what a jerk and how unprofessional.

Recently noticed they sell a lot ZQ8 sway bars, I am sure some of you have bought one from them. They are selling ZQ8 front sway bars on ebay starting at 69.00, buy it now 78.00...22.00
shipping. If buy it now $100.00, in ebay completed auction listing most do buy it now.

On gmpartdirect part #15981886 zq8 fron sway bar 59.70.
Part # 15991079 U-clamp $3.55 X 2 = 7.10.
Part # 15981887 bushing/rubber $5.08 x 2 = 10.16
That totals $76.96 plus shipping to my housewas 22.50
which is less than s10 warehouse for used parts ???

I emailed them and told them about price on gmpartdirect and of my intent to post here.
Response,
" Do you know I have been selling these for the price listed and sell everyone I get my hands on at this price...do you know I can sell things at what ever price I can and it does not have to be the best deal on the internet...do you know I am on s10forum also ?"

Guys...best deal..lol. Whenever I can buy new for less than used it is a no brainer.
I can get zq8 front bars in my area for 30-50 bucks, fifty is only if they have to ship them in from another yard. Maybe I should sell them for 75.00 including shipping , at least you would be saving a minimum of 25.00 over new, isn't that the point in buying used parts for less than new prices ???
New info today, according to sources from this board the U-shaped clamps for the front bar is the same for all the front bars, just the rubber isolator being different so as long as you already have a front bar you can deduct 7.10 plus shipping from your gmpartdirect order and save even more. Again this info is per board replies but I am about to find out for sure myself.

Bill E.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts