S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 2.5L 4cyl 5 speed regular cab shortbox
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member, sorry if I’m creating a repeat thread.

So I recently picked up my s10 and it has a distinct 1 1/2” lean on the driver side at both front and rear wheels. It was lowered at both front and rear I believe with lowering spindles and coils and drop shackles. Is my best route lifting blocks on one side or are there any options I should be considering? I believe the coils are getting tired so I will be replacing them.
Thanks!

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
I'd loosen all of the bolts on the leaf springs, make sure it's sitting on the ground, bounce it a couple of times, then tighten it back up...while on the ground with the full weight of the truck on it. Up front, make sure the ends of the springs in the LCA is between the two drain holes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the advice. I did notice the coil is rotated about half a turn past where it’s supposed to sit between the two holes. I haven’t found a clear answer as to how much that actually effects ride height. But I will definitely remedy that to see if it helps and I’ll give the leaf spring reset a go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update.
I replaced the front coils and shocks , undid the leaf spring bolts tightened them all back down then pulled out of my shop, height was even Steven all round. Got an alignment and now riding like it’s new. Thanks for the advice.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
Nicely done. With all of the complaining about the Chevy Lean, and the theories as to the cause..looks like you nailed it eh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts