S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap the exhaust starting from the muffler back. I will be reusing the stock tail pipe.
currently I have these items on my list is there anything more you think I need to complete the setup.
2 1/2 Inch Exhaust Clamp x3?
Stainless Steel Flex Pipe Exhaust Couplings With Pre-Welded Mild Steel Extension 2.5" X 8" -12" Overall.
2.25" ID 2.5" ID Universal Exhaust Pipe to Component Pipe Adapter Reducer Kits Reliable 2.25 Inch to 2.5
2 1/4 inch exhaust clamp x1?
Flowmaster 942551 2.5In(O)/Out(C) 50 Series Df Muffler

if there is anything else you think I am missing or should have, I would appreciate the input.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,546 Posts
Seems like a lot of work. What's the cost of your parts, and can you install them yourself? Sounds like some welding will be required.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
about 200 bucks so far for everything I listed. I was hoping to avoid welding at this point and use adaptors and clamps for now. the wrenching part of it is no big deal for me but, I draw the line at welding.

·
time to get cereal
5,187 Posts
A muffler shop would probably charge you less than half that.

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,343 Posts
I had a single in dual out muffler and tailpipes made for just a bit more than the $200. Professional installation, and nice welds all the way through.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I am looking to swap the exhaust starting from the muffler back.
Flowmaster 942551 2.5In(O)/Out(C) 50 Series Df Muffler

if there is anything else you think I am missing or should have, I would appreciate the input.
Flowmasters patent ran out a few years ago, so there are plenty of knock-off brands that go for around $30 dollars, and they sell them at autzone as well. but for a muff back system, cant be much more then 50-100$ at your local exhaust shop. And while you're at it, probably have them do a cat back exhaust for a little more, and you don't have to do anything, and spend the same amount of money that you are thinking of spending already..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts