S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you that are still using the factory head units and have hooked up an amp how do you install the line converter thats where i am stuck right now. so if you could give some help i would appreciate it greatly. thanks

lata
norm

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
there should be 4 wires coming out of one end and two rca connecters out of the other. two of the wires go to the left side speaker positive and negative out puts and the other two go to the right side speaker positive and negative out puts. and then get a rca cable and plug it into the amp and line converter. there should be two little knobs on the front of it. it controls the out put of the rca plugs. if you turn then to the max you will have a lot of distortion so turn them both about half way. it is real easy to hook up takes no more then 20 min.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot you were a big help thats the only place i was stuck at. thanks again.

lata
norm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok one more question do i have to splice the wires like what i mean is do i still keep the rear speakers connected. or do i just cap those wires off and leave them be?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
If you still want rear speakers, you should leave them connected unless you are planning on running these off the amp that the line convertor is making rca outs for.

DogP

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am only using the converter for my sub thats why im asking about my rears. what do i do about them. jsut tell me how to wire ti and ill be all set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts