S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 s-10 and working on a b/d right now.I am looking it to the suspenion part of the truck now.Could some members post there suspension set up and how thay work for them.thanks for your input

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I just have Firestone 2600's all the way around and lay in front with Belltech Drop Spindles. It lays hard as hell then comes up a few inches over my tires in the front. (215/40/17). Suspension doesn't need to be any different on a body dropped truck than on one that is not body dropped inless you are having problems with lift.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
i have 2600 in the front, 9000 in the back. so so impressed bags. the more i drive it,the more i wish i stayed with my dro's. the bags just feel mushy when they are at about 30psi which puts me at 1" off the ground.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
blazentrout said:
i have 2600 in the front, 9000 in the back. so so impressed bags. the more i drive it,the more i wish i stayed with my dro's. the bags just feel mushy when they are at about 30psi which puts me at 1" off the ground.
Didn't it still have juice on it at Indy?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IntenseMtrsprts7, What drop are your spindels and what size of wheels do you have.How much lift do you get out of your bags.I was thinking about 3" drop arm.It set on 18.thanks

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
dood, 3 inch drop arms wont werk with bags. They only make 2 inch drop spindles for s10's. You would be fine with drop spindles and 18's. You should be able to totally untuck them and have full turn radious. Your going to have to tub your firewall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the fire wall tub .so i should get adj lower arm and put 2" spindels on it.the rear i have a 4 link set up.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
clean n low said:
dood, 3 inch drop arms wont werk with bags. They only make 2 inch drop spindles for s10's. You would be fine with drop spindles and 18's. You should be able to totally untuck them and have full turn radious. Your going to have to tub your firewall.
They will work.. just not a good idea.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
they might werk but they wont add any extra drop, just less lift and the spring pockets on the arms will hit the ground before you lay all the way outt.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
I run 2" drop spindles, the only size they make for an S10 and right now I have 185/65/14 which is the same size as my 205/40/17. With the 14s I tuck a little bit of rim and with 17s I tuck a couple inches and get about 3 inches over my tires at full lift.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about if i use the stock arms and spindels and put the bags on it,What will that give me.I would like to say thanks,To all you guys for your help.You have save me a lot of time and money.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
Didn't it still have juice on it at Indy?
nope, not at the '03 event. when i tore it down for paint we decided to put the bags in so i could have a stereo in it.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
clean n low said:
I like the mushy ride...I have 2,600s stones all the way around btw..
i should not complain, its not that bad. I'm just leery of taking out the front valance now.i probably should not drive it a 1/2 to 1" off the ground at 70 mph any way.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
Your truck should be close...god I was just talking to him yesterday but I forget his name on here. He has an older body style s10 that is barely off the ground, he said when he drags his front will skip on the ground, but he is getting drop spindles soon.

blazentrout said:
i should not complain, its not that bad. I'm just leery of taking out the front valance now.i probably should not drive it a 1/2 to 1" off the ground at 70 mph any way.
You're right, there should be no ground clearence at all! I had to cut an inch and a half off my valance and it lays flush on the ground, they're only 15 bucks a piece new out here so I'm not worried about it.

·
Mad man from michigan
264 Posts
IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
You're right, there should be no ground clearence at all! I had to cut an inch and a half off my valance and it lays flush on the ground, they're only 15 bucks a piece new out here so I'm not worried about it.
i have trashed out 5 of them so far.its more the paint on it that i care about.who are you getting though for so cheap. i am paying $70 a piece for them(remember its a 4 runner one).

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
You can make it lay without spindle if you make shorter cups and trim more out of the spring pocket, but why? you would have the worst camber ever plus you would loose lift, the best way to do it is where it lays just enough to where you dont loose lift, who cares if you lay hard or not??? I actually liked it better before I could lay because then I could hit sides, hop and not have to worry about my wells hitting on my tires.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
My bad bro, I thought you were meaning factory valance. But I can get painted lower valances either 2wd or 4wd from a company out here called Certi-Fit for like 40 bucks at the most.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts