S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I recently bought a 96 s10. I noticed that the factory lights were replaced to what looks like blazer lights and grille. So the other night I noticed that the light beams were badly uneven on the road. I checked them when I got home and it looks like whoever installed the new lights wired them up wrong. They look like this when the lights are on:

They switch when the high beams are turned on. I plan on rewiring them tonight. I'm assuming the top set of lights are the high beams, but before I wire them up I just want to make sure. Is the top row the high beams and the bottom regular? Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Possibly see if just the bulbs are switched, like, mske sure the high beam bulb isn't in place of low beam. I did this the first time I changed my headlights

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the lights last night. I was pretty sure it was wired wrong but I went ahead and tried to switch the bulbs but the tops wont fit in the bottom and the bottoms are too small for the top. So I noticed a bulge of wires under some electrical tape and checked it out. It turns out that whoever did wire the lights did it wrong. I rewired it and the lights are working fine now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts