S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Village Customs!!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a little background, my S-10 is a 1990 (1st gen.), 2wd.

Here's the deal:

With the truck not running, but key turned to accessories (so I can activate the turn signals), all lights act normally.
As soon as the truck is started and running, the brake lights come on (not touching any pedals). Switch to left turn signal= normal operation (other than the brake lights on). Switch to right turn signal= 3rd brake light goes out, right front turn signal comes on solid (no blinking), left brake light also goes out.

A guy at Auto Zone said it was the turn signal switch, so after 2 hours of messing with my steering column to replace the switch, of course, that's not the problem.

Now I am thoroughly stumped. My taillights have been changed, and rewired by me, using the stock wiring. The third brake light was also wired by me with the positive wire connected to the only hot wire on the brake switch when the pedal was pressed, and grounded at my stereo amplifier ground (stereo works fine).

·
Village Customs!!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all my bulbs on the right side though, and they are all fine. This morning on my way in to work, I noticed that my right reverse light was out, I thought that would have been the problem. The bulb was just loose in the socket, and that didn't fix it.
Is there a way to check the sockets?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts