S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A vulgar display of Power
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have lightning (I know I said the F word sorta) style side pipe exhaust on their X? I saw one on a website s-10xtreme.com I think, and it looked really cool . Just wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and if they like it. Additionally do you have any sound clips of your exhaust on a 4.3? Looking for something louder then stock, but not ricey. ;)

:burnout:

·
xtremefour
1,805 Posts
I don't have it but I know a guy that does have it on his truck. I want to say that it is a flowmaster style. Pretty sure i have seen it in the Summit racing mag. He has a bunch of mods to his engine and it sounds bada$$. The only thing is he lowered his X real low and the tips hit things all the time.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i think Gibson makes a series of those...but thats all i know about it.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have stock ride height, but I am looking into 1" blocks for the rear to level it out some. I saw them on one online and it looked really wicked, but I wasn't sure it it was a kit, or something they had custom bent for the truck.

thanks for the replies, and keep them coming. ;)

·
32,797 Posts
02-XBlazer said:
I still have stock ride height, but I am looking into 1" blocks for the rear to level it out some. I saw them on one online and it looked really wicked, but I wasn't sure it it was a kit, or something they had custom bent for the truck.

thanks for the replies, and keep them coming. ;)
I'm pretty sure there is no kit for X Blazers. But having the pipes custom bent would be cheaper anyways. Kits are usually over-priced.

The Lightning style exhuast your talking about: you mean you want it to exit through the side gfx?

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not throught the gfx, but under them just ahead of the back wheel, with a slight angle so that you do not see all of the tubing for the tips... know what I mean? just sort of comes down under the truck, then slightly bends up and angled around a 45 towards the rear tire with the tips agle cut sop they are even as they exit the side...

I have seen a sys similar on a white X s-10 but not on a blazer... I guess they should be the same though, more or less.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
x's hang pretty low, i know if i had a set of pipes coming from underneath my body kit, the bottoms of them would be pretty damned flat...granted, your's doesnt seem to be lowered, the clearence issue is definatly one to think about.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you really can't get side exhaust "before the tires" on the s-10's their is no place to put the exhaust system.. and even if you rigged up a way to get the exhaust to fit some where you will have another problem with the frame hanging to low to run a pipe out the side...

I went to a few shops because i was thinking the same thing

·
Registered
211 Posts
sure you can have the pipes exit before the tires. there are several ways to hang the pipes there. hello..a big ol frame..that's something to hang the pipes from. and the frame will only hang too low if it is lowered a great deal. and as far as shops go.....sometimes you just have to find someone willing to do it. it's not always whether it is possible or not, sometimes they just don't want to do it, or more..don't know how to do it. when i had my exhaust done, i went to a regional, if not national muffler place and they said it wasn't possible to run two pipes on my 2 door s-10 blazer. more than that, he said it wasn't possible to run dual pipes on any s-10 vehcile. i think we all know that not to be the case. when i got to the place i had mine done at, the guy just laughed, and then did a kickass job on my setup. depending on where you are in the country, you may or may not have some problems with the law about side exiting exhaust on a blazer. it's not legal in many areas. this is due to the carbon monoxide issue. on vehicles with cabs (SUVs), the exhaust has to be run to at least past the rear axle. also, you are looking at an increased amount of noise by exiting before the rear wheels. the inside of my blazer is loud as hell as it is. regardless, i for one would love to have side exiting exhaust.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
why side pipe? i saw a dodge ram up here that had a 4' stove pipe rite behind the cab.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know a guy here in the Dallas area who does really good custom exhaust... but it will cost a bit of $$ to do. I was just mainly seeing if anyone had done it, if it worked, looked good and sounded ok. ;)

thanks all for the replies.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
those are nice

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very interesting link there. That truck is very decked out. I like the tips... barely seet them, but they are just there enough. That is the look I am going for (exhaust wise).

Thanks.

Damon

·
32,797 Posts
02-XBlazer said:
I know a guy here in the Dallas area who does really good custom exhaust... but it will cost a bit of $$ to do.
It shouldn't cost that much. All it is is running piping and hangers, it's basically a very simple job, once you decide where to run the pipes. If anything this set up should cost less than running duals out the back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts