S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 03 Chevy extreme ext cab and looking to get lightning style exhaust. I know they got to cut like an upside down U-shape in the ext portion of the kit. I have seen it before on an extreme and on a civic (eww), but i was wondering if anyone has it on their truck right now. There are a lot more stuff that go into making the pipes go out through the side. I was wondering if the people had pre-bent pipes or ended up bending them to move out the side. Also, how much did it run them $$.
Thanks ya!:drunk:

·
Registered
940 Posts
i had that setup for a while on my 2000, xtreme looked killer, only thing is you ll most likely have to come out right below the ground effects not threw them cuase the frame is right there we looked at mine cuase originally we where gunna try and come threw them. i actually had my setup done completely out of stainless steel with a stainless steel tip. and i took it off my truck i only had it on about a yearit was an ext cab to if you interested PM me for details and and i ll let it go for alot cheaper then you ll ever pay to have one made.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Hey xtreme was this exhaust you had loud at all? I want to get mine done for looks and performance but i really dont want to have it loud as ****. The cops already dont like me around here. Just another thing to pick on me about.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
if the frame is there and ur really serious about a side exhaust...just notch the frame just as you would do for a rear bag kit.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
check out Greek_xtreme run a search he posted pics of his, he has a side exhaust going through the gfx.

·
Registered
940 Posts
mine i have a removable converter with, with the converter on it s a little louder but not to loud at all, without it though it gets very loud.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha it has almost been a yr since i started this thread, but it still hasnt happened for me. I finally met a guy who says he can make the cut for the dual tip i wanna run. All ya who said ya had it, did ya run a heatshield on there. The tips i have are like 4 in tips. Since the plastic also covers some of the metal, he is actually going to cut into both the metal and the plastic to have the exhaust out. anyone else with any comments or input help out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts