S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... my rear is sagging.. on my truck that is.. I think the leaf springs are getting worn.. what are my options? should I just replace the springs or can I buy some sort of a lift kit to raise it up alittle.. thanks

Mike

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
just lower the front! your halfway there....but to answer your question the best way to fix it would be new springs if thats what the prob is....lift kit would probably be just putting a band-aid on the problem....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well..........

Would the band aid work? like for towing and stuff and off roading? and what would the price difference be and difficulty

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
dunno i imagine....i have a buddy with a 86 blazer thats lifted and he off-roads....i'll ask him about it......

·
V8 Member
318 Posts
I Had An 87 1/2 Ton, And The Rear Sagged So I Went To The Junkyard And Got A Stack Of 5 For 50 Bux And I Just Replaced It And It Worked Fine!

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
ya....

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
the way i would do it would be just to go pick up some "airshocks" at your local auto parts store. Throw those puppies on and put air in them till your level.:thumbup: quick and cheap fix! it works good, my buddy was sitting on his bumpstops and he was able to get enough pressure in them to raise the back up about 1.5 inchs and not bottom out so damn hard.

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Two ways by fixing it without going lower:
1. Go to a junk yard and find a new set of springs (Cheap Way)
2. Contact National Leaf Springs and get a new leaf pack made for your truck. (Expensive Way)

Just like CynicX said by putting an add a leaf or shackles on it, it will not help.

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
An add a leaf will get the truck up but it will still ride the same way as if you didnt do it. They are for load leveling while towing, not adjusting ride height.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts