S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is a good lift for a stock 1997 s10 with the 2.2L, 2wd? I was thinking about going with Fabtech but I would like it to be cheaper. I don't Off-road much, but I do go sometimes...so it can't just fall apart with a speed bump :D Anyhow, I would like to get a spindle kit that will raise it about 2" (thats all I really need). Do you think this is a good way to go?

Any and all imput is welcome.
I am new to lifting trucks...

-Andy
Foomaster

·
BUILT NOT BOUGHT
500 Posts
go to your auto parts store and look for rear leaf spring shackle lift, that can bring your back end up about 3 inches, then in the front you can get coil spring spacers(assuming you have coil springs, you should)

·
Man Whore Customz
19 Posts
dont get camburg,hnm, or any of that expensive stuff for what u gonna use your truck for, no sense in buying a 500 dolla desert race spindle when fabtech will do the trick for no more than what u are going to use it for. it can handle a few jumps and jars if u happen to come across it on accident without breaking, hope this helps

oh and do not under any circumstances get coil spring spaces, they will ride so dam bad off road and on and they can screw up your suspension bg time. no matter how cheap they are

1 - 4 of 4 Posts