S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here what I am planning...Moog 5664 coils, Fabtech spindles and break lines, rear aal, and I already have 3" lift shackle. Maybe flip the axle too. I want to 31x10.5. That should be about 4" in the front and 5" or 6" in the back right? I like a rake, so I'm not trying to be level. That should be plenty with of room for 31's right? I have stock 4x4 wheels, so would I need spacers so the tires won't rub the frame? What is the biggest tire I could run with that lift and a 2" body, for future reference. With those coils I shouldn't need to change the A-arms right? This is a mostly street driven truck with almost no hard wheelin.

Also, my rear end has 3.08s. So my power is really gonna suck with 31's right? Should I throw in higher gears and maybe a limited slip before the tires?

Any help is appreciated,
TerranceP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
3.73 should get me back to stock ratio with 31's, but I want a little more grunt. 4.10 is still reasonable right. I know it will be easy to find some 2.2s in the junk yard.

TerranceP.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,361 Posts
my buddy had a 00' 2wd s10, put on a 3" body lift, cranked torsion bars up about an inch or two and put 3 inch shackles in the back... cleared the 31" bfg mud terrains just fine. as for putting 4.10 gear in it... only if the truck is a 5-speed. trying to put a 4.10 gear on a 4l60E... it will gradually start to mess up your tranny. not to mention going down the interstate youll probly be turning like 4500 rpm just going 70mph! not good. plus your gas mileage will be shit. go with the 3.73 gear ratio. zr2's come stock with 3.73's on 31's and ill tell you that i can go more places in my zr2 with my bald ass michelin 31's than most lifted z71's with mud tires... power to weight ratio rocks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
4x4zr2GA said:
my buddy had a 00' 2wd s10, put on a 3" body lift, cranked torsion bars up about an inch or two and put 3 inch shackles in the back... cleared the 31" bfg mud terrains just fine!

since when do 2wd's have torsion bars?
 

·
Registered Asshole
Joined
·
4,125 Posts
4x4zr2GA said:
my buddy had a 00' 2wd s10, put on a 3" body lift, cranked torsion bars up about an inch or two and put 3 inch shackles in the back... cleared the 31" bfg mud terrains just fine. as for putting 4.10 gear in it... only if the truck is a 5-speed. trying to put a 4.10 gear on a 4l60E... it will gradually start to mess up your tranny. not to mention going down the interstate youll probly be turning like 4500 rpm just going 70mph! not good. plus your gas mileage will be shit. go with the 3.73 gear ratio. zr2's come stock with 3.73's on 31's and ill tell you that i can go more places in my zr2 with my bald ass michelin 31's than most lifted z71's with mud tires... power to weight ratio rocks!
4.10s wont hurt. it'll just take some of your top end away and take some of your gas mileage away. and 2wd's dont have torsion bars. they have springs up front!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Nazgulmagefreak said:
Here what I am planning...Moog 5664 coils, Fabtech spindles and break lines, rear aal, and I already have 3" lift shackle. Maybe flip the axle too. I want to 31x10.5. That should be about 4" in the front and 5" or 6" in the back right? I like a rake, so I'm not trying to be level. That should be plenty with of room for 31's right? I have stock 4x4 wheels, so would I need spacers so the tires won't rub the frame? What is the biggest tire I could run with that lift and a 2" body, for future reference. With those coils I shouldn't need to change the A-arms right? This is a mostly street driven truck with almost no hard wheelin.

Also, my rear end has 3.08s. So my power is really gonna suck with 31's right? Should I throw in higher gears and maybe a limited slip before the tires?

Any help is appreciated,
TerranceP
do you have a 4wd?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
2wd. So 4.10 would do more bad then good?
Since mine is 2wd, am I gonna have major frame rub with stock 4wd wheels without spacers?

Also, since mine is a 93 and has the 7.625 rear end, does any of the 2nd gens use that rear end? I know the zr2 has a bigger rear end, right? And like 2001s have like a 8.5 ring gear. Is the housings all the same and just different size ring gears or is the whole thing different sizes?

TerranceP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Nazgulmagefreak said:
2wd. So 4.10 would do more bad then good?
Since mine is 2wd, am I gonna have major frame rub with stock 4wd wheels without spacers?

Also, since mine is a 93 and has the 7.625 rear end, does any of the 2nd gens use that rear end? I know the zr2 has a bigger rear end, right? And like 2001s have like a 8.5 ring gear. Is the housings all the same and just different size ring gears or is the whole thing different sizes?

TerranceP.
Thats why asked if you had a 4wd (just checking) stock 4wd wheels won't fit on a 2wd but 2wd wheels will fit on a 4wd :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered Asshole
Joined
·
4,125 Posts
since you have 3.08s you'll probably be better off with 3.73s. 3.42s would return you to close to stock feeling but 3.73s will give you some of the grunt youre looking for. 4.10s would really kill your top end and your gas mileage since you have 3.08s as stock gears.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top