S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to lift my 2002 S10 truck for the first time and was curious what others thought was the best lift kit. I know that there are not that many lift kits out there for the S10 but I want to make the right decision. I am going to lift it 6'', I also drive an extended cab.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm pretty sure your only choices are the Rough Country 6" kit, Superlift kit, or a solid axle swap. You could probably crank up your torsion bars and add a 3" body lift, but you asked for the best kit and that's not it.

Personally, I would go with a solid axle. It's about the same amount of work, and probably cheaper, depending on what parts you choose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure your only choices are the Rough Country 6" kit, Superlift kit, or a solid axle swap. You could probably crank up your torsion bars and add a 3" body lift, but you asked for the best kit and that's not it.

Personally, I would go with a solid axle. It's about the same amount of work, and probably cheaper, depending on what parts you choose.
Now that seems like something I would want to do, however I'm a beginner, this is my first time changing something on my truck so a solid axle swap is probably a little bit above me for right now. Which one would you go with as far as kits?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have no personal experience with either kit, so I can't help you there. But I have installed IFS lift kits on several other trucks, and I can tell you that they're still a lot of work. Depending how much of a beginner you are and what kind of tools you have, it might not be something you want to take on.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Super lift discontinued as well. So your choice is rough country and body lifts or combo of both. If you do t go SAS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts