S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the only way to lift the front of my 2000 4x4 cranking stock torsion bars? I mean, are there aftermarket torsion bars? Maybe a spacer of some sort? I need to jack it about 4 inches or so, ya know, for that baja look. Late!

SKeTchy

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Crank the torsion bars or buy a lift kit. And there is no way you'll ever get 4 inches of lift out of cranking the bars, you only have about 7 inches of suspension travel anyway. At most I'd turn them up about an inch. After that you start getting pretty harsh angles on the halfshafts, stuff will wear out and break faster.

My personaly opinion, I HATE the baja look. If it's a fully built truck that can actually baja, and the back just ends up lower than the front, that's ok. But I hate it when people (like on prerunner.net) lift just the front "cause it looks cool". To me it looks dumb. I'd rather the truck sit higher in the rear, so when you haul something you aren't driving around with a saggy rear end. We all know saggy rear ends are bad....

Done ranting....

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i hate the saggy ass my truck has on it...looks like i have 300 lbs of dirt in the back

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the HELPFUL info:censor:

Anyways, I haven't found a lift kit for my truck yet, thats why I was asking. Late!

SKeTchy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts