S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2wd s10 and i was wonderin how to make the front end set level with the back and not spend to much money. i just dont like the way it looks and i really dont want to lower the back end, b.c lowerin trucks i pretty stupid in my opinion.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
is your truck a 4 banger or a v6?

- if it is a 4 banger, then you could buy a used pair of v6 springs off one of the guys on here. the v6 springs should make the truck sit about 3/4" - 1" higher.

- another option you have would be to buy 2 of the belltech spring spacers and install one on each side, on top of the factory springs. these would raise the truck about 1" no matter if it is a 4 or v6.

- last you could go and buy a true lift spring, or lift spindle. I believe it fab tech that make a 2" lift spindle, and 2" lift spring.

how much lift did you want to get out of the front? and also you will need a new alignment after you lift the front.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
so in that case, id install a set of stock v6 springs, and if those still dont give you enough lift, add the spring spacers, one to each side.

·
Insert witty remark here
4,748 Posts
Have fun gettin them v6 coils in there too even with a spirng compressor you can barely compress them enough to bolt everything up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts