S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well I was just curious as to if you guy's would think this would look sick or not having a 3" lift with maybe 35" tires? And also, Should I get a full body lift? or a suspension lift? What's the difference? Will I lose any HP or performance?

Well what do you think?

·
Registered
81 Posts
BODY lift- SUSPENSION lift ....... one lifts the body up off the frame the other lifts the actual suspension so the whole truck raises ...... and for 35's i would imagine you will need a combo of both

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,100 Posts
i concur, you would need both unless you want to hack the chit up of your fenders. thats a good lookin truck so i dont know if ya wanna do that. those flares are exspensive. you wont lose any HP, but your truck will have a higher center of gravity which will make it handle pretty sluggish. so i doubt you will want to be rippin around curves and whatnot. get a set of poly sway bar bushings for the front and it will feel ALOT better. and i thnk you should paint your grill all white or black to lose the chrome...i think it would look pretty snazzy.

·
got SFA?
901 Posts
35"s will barely fit with 6" suspension and 2" bl. or go check out zr2.com and buy a set of mikes flares and you can run them on a body lift. but mikes flares require lots of cutting

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, well since Im relatively new to this. Would a 3" lift look good in the first place? Should I go smaller? What size tires would you guy's recommend?

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
well if you get a body lift on there itll look pretty good in my opinion. with a 3" body lift you might be able to get away with 32s on stock wheels. if you decided to go bigger you could invest in a 6" suspension lift and be able to clear 33s or possibly 35s with a combo of a 6" suspension and a 3" body lift.

if you decide to get different wheels with a backspacing less than 6 inches then its a whole new ball game. backspacing has a lot to do with the maximum tire size you can run.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would this look horrible if I just got the 3" body lift, and kept the same wheels? Or do I need bigger wheels?

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
a 2" body lift wont look horrible in my opinion. a 3" might look a little funny without bigger tires. if you go with one just wear out the tires that you have and replace them with 32s when its time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just out of curiousity, Will it actually be cheaper to get a 2" lift opposed to the 3" lift? Im just curious because if I want to lift it later, once I get new tires then it would cost even more for the extra inch.

or I could just go automatically for the 32's and the 3", mainly based on how much money I got to spend lol.

Also what color should I paint the front grill? White or Black?

BTW I just measured my tires, and they are roughly 28 1/2's.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
the 2" costs a little less than the 3" but if you got a 2" and decided later that you wanted 3" then you'd have to buy a whole new kit and replace the 2" with the 3". if you plan to eventually put bigger tires on it i'd go with the 3" and 32s. just my opinion. and as for the grill itd look good white. i have a chrome grill on my white 93 and for a while i ran a white grill and it looked good. i say go with white and then get some clear corner lenses!

·
Broke Missionary
201 Posts
dude i am looking at one just like that....what year is it??
ya you shoud lift it 3" suspension and 35"s would be nice

·
RRAARR!!!!
240 Posts
With the lift you won't decrease horsepower but you gear ratio will be unmatched and your truck will be slower off the line. if you decide to go with 35's, you need to regear it to, otherwise it will be sluggish, not to mention your speedo will be way off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Telemaster it is a 1996 ZR2 with a V6 engine.

Alright so I think that I am just going to go with the 3" lift and the 32's. For a full body lift what kind of kit do I need? Can someone point me towards the direction of one that would work with my truck?

And thanks for the advice about the grill, Im going to go paint it white :D most likely this weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright I went to that website, clicked on products, then body lift kits. How do I purchase one? Also what one would work on my truck?

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
i think theres a body lift specifically for zr2 s10s. that site that i gave you is just the corporate site for performance accessories. if you can wait a day i'll get you a link to the site i ordered my body lift from when i get back to school. i dont have the link in the favorites on this computer cuz im home at the moment.

·
Lifted 99 ZR2 Blazer
3 Posts
Heres what i have a 6"Superlift that maintains factory specs and 33 X 12.50 BFGoodrich AT's
Now I did have to cut out some fender inside back towards the firewall to fit the meats in and it works?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts