S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 Chevy S-10 4.3ltr 4wd and I am looking into putting a lift on it. A friend of mine owns a Junkyard and said he could get me a 6 inch lift and some 35's for pretty cheep. Should I take the offer, or find something else?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 1989 Chevy S-10 4.3ltr 4wd and I am looking into putting a lift on it. A friend of mine owns a Junkyard and said he could get me a 6 inch lift and some 35's for pretty cheep. Should I take the offer, or find something else?
You didnt give us a whole lot of information here. What are you looking to do with the truck, what will it be used for, what brands lift and tires and how much are you getting it for. I mean if some one gave me a great deal on a lift and tire combo like that Id take it.

Your question confuses me. lol

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
35's on a s10 ifs is asking for toruble. frt ifs is very weak.

Now like stated we need more info. what lift, type of tires, price,
6" lift run around $1500+ tires average $200 each. plus is there a 6" lift for your 89?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you can get it cheap take the offer. I have a 5" Trailmaster lift and 3" body lift in my truck and I'm running 34s with no problems. I'm planning on buying 35s sometime soon. You're probably also going to need a body lift and some minor fender trimming to fit 35s
Here's a link to my build....
http://www.blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51764

·
Poke Smot
445 Posts
If you can get it cheap take the offer. I have a 5" Trailmaster lift and 3" body lift in my truck and I'm running 34s with no problems. I'm planning on buying 35s sometime soon. You're probably also going to need a body lift and some minor fender trimming to fit 35s
Here's a link to my build....
http://www.blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51764
tony991:

Damb brother. Seeing your little transformation thread has majorly inspired me. First off seeing that rusty pile of 5" TM Lift Kit makes me really think about why this shit is worth apprx. $1500 to purchase.

I have always wanted to jack up a first gen SUV. I figured a Bravada would be kind of neat, but apparently theyre not lift kit friendly. I have my eyes peeled for a clean four door, preferably a 93/94. I would only scoop up the cash for doing this to a solid close to rust free example. These things are porky with TM lifts and 35s. For real!

Check it. These are the best pictures of this modification combination on a first gen SUV that ive found. You don't see many people doing this for some reason.

This thing has the exact same lift set up as tony991s Blazer.

-3" BL + 5" TM IFS

-35x12.5xR15 Boggers

This is right after the guy mounted his brand new rims/tires after finishing the lift install.

This is another Blazer also with a 3" BL + 5" TM IFS

35x12.5xR15 Buck Shot Mudders

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the problem is he hasn't given me much information. Just that his grandpa owned a junkyard and could get me some gently used stuff for fairly cheep, I was wondering if it was a good idea. How much money would I have to put into to it, I am looking for just a general use truck for right now until I can get a newer truck. Once I get my newer truck, I will turn it into a solely mudding truck. But for the next 3 or 4 years I just want a normal use truck, that looks sick. And being a *******, I love jacked up pick-ups.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
having a junkyard has nothing to do with a used lift. We have several junkyards around here and i have never seen a s-series with a lift here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does he have the lift on hand?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts